Exactly 52 weeks ago, I posted an image on my Instagram page with the caption “Wow! 1k! Thank you! <3 <3.”
As of today, I have 52,670. (!!!!!)
To say I’ve seen some growth is an understatement. It’s been absolutely amazing and humbling to have so many people want to see more of my photography!
I was also very excited to see Instagram allow full size images, instead of restricting the crop to squares only, as you’ll find on last year’s top Instagram images post.
So, while the images I posted during the last few months have had a bit of an advantage over those posted at the beginning of the year, here are my top 30 images on Instagram for 2015:
(The one at the top of my daughter Autumn and our horse Bravo happened to jump up in the middle of the top 30 in less than a day, so I threw it up as the featured image!)
30. Over the Moon, or “Moonie,” an Oldenburg filly owned by Larissa Bariliar of High Point Hanoverians and let loose in the indoor arena. She is also Miss June in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar!
28. Ionia, or “Oni,” a Selle Francis mare. If you are a regular follower of my Facebook and/or Instagram, you’ll know that this mare was born to model. Super sweet and up for anything, she is one of my go-to horses when I’m looking to try out new ideas. Also Miss July in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar.
27. Bravo Encore, or “Bravo,” is my own 22 year old Arabian. This is a shot from 2014 that I reposted recently. It is one of my favorite photos.
26. Bravo again, taken this year. While I’ve never done anything breed related with him, I’ve always wanted a few more ‘traditional’ Arabian shots! A headshot from this shoot is in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar.
24. Taken just last week in Maryland’s unseasonably warm rain and fog, this is a horse at a local farm that I grabbed a shot of on my way to do last minute Christmas shopping!
23. Sequin, a gorgeous filly owned by Lori Willis who briefly stayed at Worthmore Equestrian Center to be weaned.
22. Hershai du Marcian, better known as “Hershey.” A second level dressage horse, fox hunter, and river swimmer, he is also Mr. August in my Horses in the Studio Calendar!
21. Eliza and Leo during their photoshoot in the fall.
20. I Think I Can, or “Spencer,” being brave during a smoke machine photo shoot! Mr. October in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar.
19. An ‘oops’ moment at Dressage at Devon in the terrible rainy weather this year. Not to worry, his rider got him refocused and they finished a lovely test!
18. A gorgeous moment in canter from the Young Horse Show I photographed.
17. A herd of wild ponies on the beach at Assateague, Maryland during the summer. This image is featured in the 2016 Wild Horses Calendar!
16. Sonny, a gorgeous Quarter Horse owned by Christine Reynolds, modeling for me!
15. Mo, at Worthmore Equestrian Center, going for the grass that’s greener on the other side!
14. A gorgeous Knabstrupper waiting in the warm up area at Dressage at Devon this year.
13. The before and after of an image taken of Sinatra Song, a Hanoverian stallion standing at High Point Hanoverians. Normally I wouldn’t go to such lengths to ‘save’ an image, but this one was worth putting the effort into! “Sinatra” is Mr. May in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar!
12. My horse Bravo and my daughter Autumn – a photoshoot and memory I will be able to cherish forever.
11. Reggie, a Standardbred weanling owned by Serenity Lynn, who was loves playing with his ball in the field. I’ve gotten lots of questions about his color, which is actually the result of him being in the middle of shedding his foal coat!
10. Mo again, in the evening summer sun. There’s a reason photographers love the golden hour!
9. A beautiful detail from Ginny and Sneaker’s photo shoot in the fall.
8. St. Jakob, or “Jakob,” is a gorgeous Percheron-Friesian cross who does eventing with his owner, Meagan Symes. Mr. December in the 2016 Horses in the Studio Calendar!
7. Cricket, another Standardbred filly owned by Liz Gannon who was actually turned out with Reggie above! (#11)
6. The wild stallion Sir Gruff on Assateague Island, Maryland.
5. Another of my daughter and Bravo – everything I start writing doesn’t seem like enough to express how much I love this, so I’ll just let it speak for itself!
4. Another gorgeous Knabstrupper in the rain at Dressage at Devon – such an eye catcher!
3. Benson and Skogen, two super sweet Fjord horses owned by Darby Hewes. Another image that I reposted from 2014, this is a favorite that I will probably post every Christmas!
2. Sonny again, this time unadorned, but still as gorgeous!
And 1! This photo from the Young Horse Show I photographed has held onto the top spot since August – and really, how do you top a gorgeous horse with a perfect heart on it’s forehead??
It’s always fascinating to see which photos everyone likes the best – don’t forget to follow along for exclusive photos and fun: purplehorsedesigns on Instagram.
Thank you so much for an amazing 2015 and I’m looking forward to what 2016 brings!!